Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday 04/05/09 - Blog time is irrelevant.

Monday 27/04/09 saw me waking early to join Animal on a ride down to Yarramundi. He still leaves me for dead on the hill.

Thursday am run with BMMC. Scam put in an all-time record for turning up late, remarkable all the more as it was at his place. Made good time though getting back, a few short-cuts go a long way (there has to be a clever word for that little grammatical wizardry!).

Saturday was a big run joining up close to all the running trails available between glenbrook and warrimoo (excl. national park). Running late myself, I met the others at the top of 5-ways after running in from Spurwood. Decided to carry a camel-back laden with a few extras to add weight, so I could get used to carrying a 20L pack for NF100. 3hr47min later (and 4 different climbs up the Great Dividing Range - well some of it) saw us back at Scams. Thanks goes to she-who-must-be-obeyed-by-scam for the fruit platter. I hope scam has put the run up on his blog, it was an epic (would have to be the longest stretch of consistent running for me). I have to re-learn how to pace myself up hills, and take a leaf out of scams book.

Sunday was a sleep in, and midday 50km road ride up the mountains, followed by approx. 2km swim with sleep.

This morning was the weekly ride with animal. If I want to stay with him on the hills I will have to put in more time on the bike.

Plan for this week ahead, with only 11 days to go till NF, is to check out leg 5 of the NF track with Mick. Not confirmed but would like to head down into the Jamison Valley from Katoomba and up Kedumba Pass. May make a loop out of it from the Golf Course. Have a day off then get in Woodford to Glenbrook to smash the legs (this would only allow 7 days to recover so we will see).

No comments:

Post a Comment