Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas BMMC Party

OK, it has been suggested that here is a suitable place to put the relevant details for the inaugural BMMC Chrissy Party taking place this Sunday the 20th December.

Firstly, may I mention, it a commonly known fact that the length of time between a Christmas Party and Christmas is inversely proportional to how important that Party is for those attending. That is, a chirstmas party the weekend before Christmas holds high value. I thought I would mention that as my running and training pals within the BMMC have become such a big part of my life (if for nothing other than the amount of time we spend in each others company - and just quietly there are other reasons). There is a second reason for why I mention this, and it is to make any BMMC members who are not placing the appropriate priority on the BMMC Christmas Party and Handicap run fell extremely guilty and remorseful. This is said partially in jest; you can guess which part I am being serious about!

Ok....
Date as mentioned above is Sunday the 20th December.

The time as noted in initial text message is 3:30pm, to kick off the proceedings with the handicap run around the usual Tuesday morning Sun Valley Loop. (for a Map refer to Scam's Blog as I'm sure he has it up. Otherwise we can sketch directions before departing. I estimate the Handicap Run will not take more than 2 hours (ie. for the slowest runner, who presumably heads out first). We normally take just over 1 hr at our slowest, and this includes about 5-6+ minutes of stretching, which unless you're a clear winner ST, will not be taking place. I will allow 2 hours so that those who wish to forego the handicap run, can arrive when we are all back. This by no means you cannot come and cheer the finishers - there is plenty to do and keep the kids entertained (undercover pool, semi-commercial play equipment - dont ask, eating, drinking and talking, etc). This puts the approx time for cooking and eating close to 6pm, which will allow for families with kids who are in for a nightmare blur for the next 2 weeks to get a relatively early one. This does not preclude those wishing to hang around till late.

Location: address is 55 Spurwood Rd, Warrimoo. Last driveway on the R before getting on to the Fire Trail (this being the start of the handicap run). For those who have done the Sun Valley loop, it is the Rd you run down at the start after turning off Railway Pde from STs.

Food: nothing has really been organised. As I am the host-by-proxy, I will arrange a selection of Drinks, Nibblies, Sausages, Salads and some Bread Rolls so that you can come unprepared and be well catered for. The suggestion has also been made that people may well prefer to bring their own selection of meat (or vego substitute) and/or drinks to consume. I think that will be a good idea. If you want to contribute by bringing a salad that will knock our socks off, go right ahead.

Children:as previous mentioned, there are enough things to keep the kids entertained, so blease feel free to bring them along. ST has kindly volunteered to baby sit the little one's while parents can party all night. Maybe some outdoor-rec classes, or Yabby catching (you should be able to get some down the back creek). Remind me to show you a large cave down the back sometime ST, I cant promise Aboriginal Markings, but my memories of this as a child were amazing! Plenty of things to keep them entertained over 15 acres.

Guests: we haven't discussed this but I reckon it's a fine idea if people have some friends in mind who might enjoy this sampler of BMMC Social Activity, and who have a vague curiosity in running, that they are more than welcome. We may borrow a tactic employed by Youth Groups all over the world, to incentivise bringing a friend along by offerering a fun size snicker to those who bring someone new. I never did feel comfortable with the suggestion that I may have only been invited to Youth Group because my 'friend' decided he wouldn't mind a snickers! Anyhow, bring a friend or two.

Special mention to the Lower Mountains Distance Running Men (not quite special enough for me to research their correct name however). It would be great to see you guys, given that the merger has gone ahead and you have now been absorbed into the BMMC.

I think that is it, but suspect I may have missed some crucial point.

Looking forward to catching up to celebrate a year of achievement and quality Blue Mountains trails.

Dr Phil aka Flying Fist

4 comments:

  1. I believe the run you are looking for is the 'Sleep Trains Run (two hills loop)' run as available as suggested on said blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scam.
    I also meant to mention the details of working out the handicap. I think the plan was to go off your fastest 10km time off the bike...for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget the secret santa gifts. I don't mind it only ending up being me and the Animal but we could just exchange a 6 pack of beer in our own time. $15 as agreed, give or take a dollar for a slightly better/worst beer!!
    WXS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heading back from Port Macquarie on Sunday so might not make the BMMC xmas bash but I will try!!!

    ReplyDelete